Bayern Munich are already confirmed to finish on top of Group E. The German champions have been nothing short of dominating in the group stage. They are unbeaten in the competition with 5 wins out of 5, picking up 15 points.
While Barcelona have struggled in the Champions League. They have picked up just 7 points from 5 games in the group stages. Barcelona are still not confirmed into the knock-out rounds. If Barcelona lose on Wednesday and Benfica win, the side from Spain will fall to the 3rd spot in the group and drop down to the Europa League. A win against Bayern Munich is absolutely necessary for Xavi and Barcelona.
Last time around Barcelona had a very good chance to secure qualification into the knockout rounds but could only manage a 0-0 draw against Benfica. While Bayern Munich defeated Dynamo Kyiv by 2-1.
- Bayern Munich have an excellent record against Barcelona. They have won nine out of 14 clashes between the two sides.
- While Barcelona have only won three of the 14 clashes.
- Bayern Munich are currently on a five-match unbeaten run at home against Barcelona.
- In the two home games, Bayern Munich have recorded five goals each in the Champions League this term.
- While Barcelona have recorded just four goals in their last eight Champions League matches.
- Thomas Muller has an impressive record against Barcelona and has recorded seven goals in six appearances against them.
- The 8-2 humiliation by the hands of Bayern Munich remains the worst defeat in the history of the club.
Lucas Hernandez picked up an ankle injury against Dortmund and is a major doubt for the clash. While Bouna Sarr, Marcel Sabitzer and Josip Stanisic are all ruled out through injury.
Bayern Munich are also at the end of a bad Covid outbreak. The likes of Joshua Kimmich, Michael Cuisance and Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting are all major doubts for the tie. German duo Leon Goretzka and Serge Gnabry are also ruled out.
For Barcelona Martin Braithwaite, Sergio Aguero, Pedri and Sergi Roberto are all ruled out. While Ansu Fati is a major doubt for the clash. Gavi picked up an injury in the match against Real Betis. While he has returned to training, he still remains a major doubt.
Neuer, Pavard, Sule, Nianzou, Richards, Roca, Tolisso, Muller, Musiala, Sane, Lewandowski
Ter Stegen, Dest, Araujo, Pique, Alba, Gonzalez, Busquets, De Jong, Dembele, Depay, Coutinho
Follow us on Twitter for regular football updates.