Manchester City are currently 2nd in the Premier league table, just one point off league leaders Chelsea. The defending Premier League champions come into the clash after a 2-1 win over Aston Villa.
While Watford are 17th in the Premier league table. Watford have picked up just 13 points from 14 league games. The Hornets come into the clash after a 2-1 defeat to league leaders Chelsea.
- Watford have never beaten Manchester City in the Premier League. They have drawn twice and lost ten league games.
- Manchester City are unbeaten in their last 18 meetings with Watford. City have scored 58 goals in these 18 matches.
- The Hornets have lost 19 of their 26 league games against reigning top-flight champions. (73%)
- This is the highest loss rate of any team to have played at least 20 such games in the English top-flight.
- Watford have beaten Manchester United already this season. If Watford beat City, this will be the first time Watford have beaten both the Manchester Clubs in a season since the 1986-87 season.
- City are unbeaten in their last 10 matches in all competitions. They have scored 17 goals and conceded just thrice all this while.
Watford are currently undergoing an injury crisis. The likes of Ismaila Sarr, Kwadwo Baah, Ben Foster, Nicolas N’Koulou and Peter Etebo have all been ruled out for the rest of the year.
Adam Masina made his return back from injury and came on for 12 minutes against Chelsea. Watford’s starting line-up performed really well against Chelsea and Claudio Ranieri may stick to the same line-up. Juraj Kucka will be in contention to start again in the middle of the park.
Aymeric Laporte could be back in the starting line-up as his suspension is over. Phil Foden and Jack Grealish were both on the City bench for the Villa clash. The Englishmen will be hope to be back in the starting line-up after their long injury setbacks.
Ferran Torres is still out with a fractured foot. Belgium midfielder Kevin De Bruyne looks set to miss out again after the Covid infection. Ilkay Gundogan, John Stones and Kyle Walker missed out on the starting lineup in the midweek clash but will be hoping to start for the Watford clash.
Ederson, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Zinchenko, Silva, Rodri, Foden, Jesus, Sterling, Grealish
Bachmann, Ngakia, Troost-Ekong, Cathcart, Rose, Kucka; Dennis, Sissoko, Cleverley, Pedro, King
Follow us on Twitter for regular football updates.