Manchester City are currently on top of the Premier League table. They have picked up 35 points from 15 league matches so far. But Pep Guardiola’s City will be hoping to get things rolling again after the disappointing 2-1 defeat to RB Leipzig in the Champions League.
Wolves come into the clash after a 1-0 loss to Liverpool. The match looked all set and done until Divock Origi struck the match-winner in the 94th minute. Bruno Lage is in desperate need of a positive result as his team are currently on a three-match winless run in the league.
The citizens will be hoping to add to their one-point gap at the top of the league with a win over Wolves. While Bruno Lage will be hoping to get some more points on the board and turn the fortunes of the team around during a very difficult run of fixtures. Wolverhampton Wanderers have picked up 21 points from 15 league games so far.
- Manchester City have lost just one of their last nine home league games against Wolves.
- Wolves did the league double over City in the 2019/20 season.
- But Manchester City responded by doing the league double over Wolves last season.
- The citizens are currently on a five match winning steak in the Premier League.
- While Wolverhampton are winless in their least three league matches.
- Wolves have lost 20 of their 23 away matches against top-flight reigning champions.
Both Nathan Ake and Phil Foden were taken off injured in the Champions League defeat against RB Leipzig and look set to miss the Wolves clash. Long term absentee Ferran Torres remains on the sidelines.
Ederson, Raheem Sterling, Joao Cancelo and Ruben Dias were all rested for the midweek Champions League game and should return to the starting line-up. Aymeric Laporte and Gabriel Jesus are both minor doubts for the clash on Saturday.
Wolves have a long list of players out with injury. The likes of Willy Boly, Yerson Mosquera, Jonny and Pedro Neto are ruled out of the fixture. Club captain Conor Coady and Left-back Rayan Ait-Nouri are also minor doubts.
Sa, Ait-Nouri, Kilman, Coady, Saiss, Semedo, Neves, Dendoncker, Traore, Hwang, Jimenez
Ederson, Walker, Dias, Stones, Cancelo, Gundogan, Rodri, De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Grealish
Follow us on Twitter for regular football updates.