Manchester City are currently top of Group A with 12 points from 5 Champions League games. The Premier League champions are guaranteed to get the top place in the group already. While RB Leipzig are currently 3rd in the group with just 4 points from 5 Champions League games.
RB Leipzig have just parted ways with their manager Jesse Marsch over the weekend. Leipzig will have to really push hard and get the tactics absolutely right to get a good result from the game. City beat PSG last time out in the Champions League by 2-1.
RB Leipzig thrashed Club Brugge by 5-0 last time around on match day 5 of the Champions League. The last encounter between the two sides was an exciting and fiery clash as the game ended 6-3 in favor of the citizens.
- Leipzig lost their only game against the citizens. The clash ended 6-3 at the Etihad Stadium in September.
- This clash was the only time RB Leipzig have conceded more than five goals in Europe.
- Manchester City are currently on a 14 game unbeaten run against German opposition in the Champions League.
- This run extends back to November 2014 when City beat Bayern Munich 3-2.
- Red Bull are on a three-game losing streak against English oppositions in the Champions League.
- Red Bull are also on a three-game winless run at home in the Champions League.
American midfielder Tyler Adams is available after his suspension for the Club Brugge clash. His return from suspension will be much appreciated as Leipzig midfield duo Ilaix Moriba and Amadou Haidara are both ruled out due to injury. So Adams should be starting in the middle of the park.
Dani Olmo, Marcel Halstenberg and Marcelo Saracchi are all ruled out of the clash due to injuries. Yussuf Poulsen is a major doubt as he is suffering from a calf problem. To add the long injury list, Willi Orban and Hugo Novoa are self-isolating due to Covid infection. Mohamed Simakan should be starting as he came off the bench in the last game.
On the other hand, Manchester City have been handed a major injury boost ahead of this game. Phil Foden, Jack Grealish and Kevin De Bruyne have all returned from their game pausing problems and should be in contention to start.
Ferran Torres is still out with an injury. The likes of Oleksandr Zinchenko, Nathan Ake and Fernandinho should return to the starting lineup. With City already confirmed as group leaders, Zack Steffen should also be starting in goal for City.
Gulacsi, Angelino, Klostermann, Simakan, Gvardiol, Mukiele, Adams, Laimer, Nkunku, Forsberg, Silva
Steffen, Walker, Stones, Ake, Zinchenko, Gundogan, Fernandinho, Foden, Grealish Mahrez, Jesus
Follow us on Twitter for regular football updates.