Arsenal submitted an offer for Gremio midfielder Bitello

tennis player

Arsenal have officially submitted an offer to sign Gremio midfielder Bitello this summer, according to media outlets in Brazil.

Gunners have already signed Chelsea forward Kai Havertz, while West Ham starman Declan Rice and Ajax defender Jurrien Timber is close to joining the club. But manager Mikel Arteta focus in on strengthening the midfield , especially after Granit Xhaka left the club to join Bayern Leverkusen this summer.

According to Radio Guaiba’s Rafael Pfeiffer, Arsenal have sent their representatives to Brazil to submit an offer for Bitello. It’s reported the Gunners scouts were monitoring the midfielder’s performance and will keep an close eye on him during his game versus Bahia on Wednesday.

The Brazilian outfit currently own 70 percent of Bitello’s right and demanding £10 million transfer fee. However, the remaining 30 percent are owned by his former club FC Cascavel.

Bitello has been one of Gremio’s standout performer this season. He scored 7 goals and provided 3 assists in 33 apperances so far.

The 23-year-old uncapped Brazilian is capable playing in different midfield roles but he excelled in central role this season. Gremio are planning to keep Bitello for the remainder of the year, even if he leaves the club this summer.

Bitello could prove to be a quality long-term solution for Arsenal. Gunners certainly have the financial resources to sign the player this summer.

Mikel Arteta have already pulled together a team young talented players. Bitello’s addition in the squad will boost overall team’s performance next season.

For more sports update, follow us on Twitter.

To Top