The gunners come into the clash after a disappointing 2-0 defeat against Liverpool in the EFL Cup semi-final 2nd leg. While the gunners saw their clash against Tottenham Hotspur postponed due to the Covid situation at the club. The club are still in a decent position in the Premier League table, they are currently 6th in the league table. They have picked up 35 points from 20 league games so far.
Arsenal Premier League form: LWWWWL
While Burnley have become the king of postponed matches. Burnley are currently dead bottom of the Premier League table, having picked up just one win so far in the league this campaign. The Clarets have played just 17 league games so far and have picked up just 11 points.
Burnley Premier League form: DDLDLL
Sean Dyche will be hoping to pick up some important points for the relegation scrap they have ahead of themselves. While Arenal will be looking to get back to winning ways and get back into the top four of the league table.
- Arsenal have lost just on one of their last 18 league meetings against Burnley. They have won 12 and drawn 5 in this time.
- While the Clarets won this exact fixture last term with the help of an own goal by Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
- The Clarets have not won two consecutive away games against Arsenal since December 1950.
- This will be Arsenal’s first league game since the 2-1 defeat at the hands of Manchester City on New year’s day.
- Burnley have won five of their last nine away games in London.
- The Clarets have not scored more than one goal in their last 17 meetings against the gunners in all competitions.
Mohamed Elneny and Nicolas Pepe are both unavailable as they are involved in the AFCON. While both Partey and Granit Xhaka are suspended after picking up red cards in the EFL Cup semi-final against Liverpool.
Calum Chambers, Cedric Soares and Bernd Leno are also doubts ahead of the clash. Martin Odegaard will likely feature in a deeper role once more alongside Albert Sambi Lokonga in the middle of the park.
Burnley have had their last few Premier League games postponed due to Covid-19 outbreak at the club. Johann Berg Gudmundsson, Nathan Collins, Dwight McNeil, Charlie Taylor, Erik Pieters and Matej Vydra are said to be the players who tested positive and remain a doubt.
The striker situation at the club looks shambolic. Star striker Chris Wood recent joined Newcastle United. Connor Roberts and Ashley Barnes are both injured and ruled out of the clash. While Maxwel Cornet remains unavailable as he is involved in the AFCON. Jay Rodriguez will likely start up front alongside Aaron Lennon.
Arsenal predicted lineup:
Ramsdale; Tomiyasu, White, Gabriel, Tierney; Lokonga, Odegaard; Saka, Smith Rowe, Martinelli; Lacazette
Burnley predicted lineup:
Pope; Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor; Gudmundsson, Cork, Westwood, Brownhill; Lennon, Rodriguez
Follow us on Twitter for regular football updates.