The two teams clashed against each other in their last game. Manchester United squeezed a narrow 1-0 win over Aston Villa in the 3rd round of the FA Cup at Old Trafford. The red devils suffered a disappointing 1-0 defeat to Wolves in their last game in the Premier League.
The defeat was the first defeat for the interim manager Ralf Rangnick’s reign. Manchester United faithful will be hoping to get back to winning ways in the league to stay in the top four race.
Manchester United Premier League form: WWWDWL
While Aston Villa have added massive reinforcement to their squad since the FA Cup 3rd round defeat. Villa have signed Philippe Coutinho on loan from Barcelona and have also signed French left-back Lucas Digne. Steven Gerrard will certainly be hoping to take revenge for the FA Cup defeat. But Villa have lost three of their last four league games.
Aston Villa Premier League form: LWLWLL
- Aston Villa are winless in their last 22 home games against Manchester United.
- The red devils have scored the opening goal in 33 Premier League games against Villa. They have won 32 and drawn one of these matches.
- Villa defeated Manchester United earlier this season. They are looking for their first consecutive wins over the red devils since the 1954-55 season.
- With a win over Villa, Manchester United will be the first side to win 300 away games in the Premier League.
- The Lions have lost three of their last four league games.
- The red devils have not kept a clean sheet in their last three league games.
Leon Bailey and Marvelous Nakamba are ruled out of the clash. While Bertrand Traore and Trezeguet are also not available for the clash due to their involvement in the AFCON.
Former Manchester United man Ashley Young is a minor doubt for the lions. Scottish midfielder John McGinn will miss the clash due to suspension. While Coutinho may be straight into the starting line-up. Morgan Sanson is likely to feature in place of McGinn in the midfield.
The red devils will see a lot of star names return to the team after injury setbacks. Ronaldo will be back in the starting line-up after his hip injury. Harry Maguire, Jadon Sancho and Phil Jones should also be fit enough to feature in the clash.
Luke Shaw and McTominay are suspended for the clash. While Eric Bailly is involved in the AFCON. Paul Pogba remains on the sidelines with his thigh injury.
Aston Villa predicted lineup:
Martinez; Cash, Konsa, Mings, Digne; Ramsey, Luiz, Sanson; Buendia, Coutinho, Watkins
Manchester United predicted lineup:
De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Telles; Fred, Donny; Greenwood, Fernandes, Ronaldo, Cavani
Follow us on Twitter for regular football updates.