Nottingham Forest 2-1 Hull City Post-Match Analysis

tennis player

Nottingham Forest fought back from a goal down to overcome Hull City. Close to within a point of the Championship play-offs.

Forest fell down when Keane Lewis-Potter got on the end of Sean McLoughlin’s wonderful long pass. Cut inside Djed Spence and blasted in right-footed after dominating much of the first period.

Six minutes after halftime. Forest secured a penalty after Alex Mighten was brought down in the box, which Lewis Grabban converted.

Brennan Johnson wonderfully chested down Grabban’s cross from the right coolly side-footed home from six yards to give the hosts the lead.

Seventh-placed Forest’s undefeated run now stands at nine games. While Grant McCann’s team was defeated for the first time in seven games and dropped to 19th. Four points from the relegation zone.

In terms of opportunities and possession, Forest had the best of the first half.

Early chances were provided for Johnson and Grabban by the excellent Jordi Osei-Tutu, but neither could reach the target.

Following 18 minutes, Grabban hit the near post with a close-range attempt. Then Johnson side-footed an effort across the face of the goal after some fine interplay with Spence down the left.

Hull enjoyed their best run of the game when Osei-Tutu was taken out with an injury.

Before Lewis-goal, Potter’s Mallik Wilks fired a free-kick into the side netting. And the winger almost added a second in stoppage time when he headed a corner over.

After the interval, Nottingham Forest came out firing with Nathan, Baxter saves Philip Zinckernagel’s header before Mighten was brought down in the area by George Honeyman.

How did Nottingham Forest complete their comeback?

Hull was furious as the replay revealed the City midfielder had played the ball. But Grabban held his composure to score his 10th goal of the season from the penalty spot.

Johnson’s superb goal completed the comeback; his chested control caught Hull defender Di’Shon Bernard off guard, allowing the home-grown forward to side-foot low past Baxter.

As Hull’s fine run came to an end. Greg Docherty saw an attempt fly over the bar in the fourth minute of stoppage time. After Lewis-Potter had headed a cross back across goal.

Follow us on Twitter for regular football updates.

For more sports updates, make sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn.

To Top