This year, India has brought forth many young talents in the 16th season of the IPL.
From Yashasvi Jaiswal to Rinku Singh, there have been multiple youngsters who have impressed everyone with their performances.
While Rinku Singh smashed Yash Dayal for back-to-back five sixes, Jaiswal is now the first Indian uncapped player to score 625 runs this season.
Moreover, these youngsters from India have now become household names and fans will keep remembering their performances.
With three playoff games left this season and the final, let’s take a look at the talents from India that impressed with the bat and ball.
Top Young Talents from India in TATA IPL 2023
Some of the top talents from India this year are-
- Yashasvi Jaiswal– The young batter from Rajasthan Royals was very good with the bat in hand this year. He is also now the record holder for having the most runs in the IPL as an uncapped player. Jaiswal finished this season with 625 runs in 14 games and had an average of 48.07 and a strike rate of 163.61.
2. Rinku Singh- Kolkata Knight Riders’ batting sensation, Rinku Singh was outstanding this year as he reached the pinnacle of his career this season. Although he has been with the team for quite some time now, his rise came this season and he has now become a household name. He finished the league stage with 474 runs in 14 games and had an average of 59.25 and a strike rate of 149.52.
3. Tilak Varma- Mumbai Indians’ star batter, Tilak Varma was also a sensational player this season. The youngster from Hyderabad has the shades of Yuvraj Singh in him. Says Rohit Sharma for Varma,
For someone of his age, coming out and playing the way he is, he’s got a long way to go, and we will see him play for some different teams.
4. Jitesh Sharma- Punjab Kings’ keeper-batter, Jitesh Sharma was a big hitter of boundaries this season. Everyone saw him get to work right from the first ball. Additionally, he was the third-highest run-scorer for his team. He amassed 309 runs in 14 games and had an average of 23.76 and a strike rate of 156.06. While he is now 29 years old, Jitesh can still make it to the Indian team.
5. Mohsin Khan- Lastly, Lucknow Super Giants pacer, Mohsin Khan is already being favoured for the Indian team. He has fought back well from his career-threatening injury and has impressed one and all. In the game against Mumbai Indians, he successfully defended 11 runs in the last over. Recently, Lasith Malinga also tweeted about Mohsin saying,
I’m impressed by the composure and patience shown by Mohsin Khan in that last over. Not an easy task even for an experienced bowler. Saw some really good performances from him in the last season as well. Definitely a one for the future.
So, these are the top 5 young talents that have been impressive this season from India and will look to make their debuts in India colors soon.
Follow Six Sports on Twitter for more.