Wolves come into the clash after a disappointing 1-0 defeat to fellow Premier League side Norwich City in the 4th round of the Fa Cup. While Wolves did pick up a 2-1 win over Brentford last time around in the Premier League. The club are currently 8th in the Premier League table. They have picked up 34 points from 21 league games so far.
Wolverhampton Wanderers Premier League form: LWDWWW
While Arsenal comes into the game after a 0-0 draw against Burnley. The club are currently 6th in the Premier League table. They have picked up 36 points from 21 league games so far.
Arsenal Premier League form: WWWWLD
Mikel Arteta will be hoping to get back to winning ways after the draw last time around. While Bruno Lage will be hoping to keep up the five-match winning streak in the Premier League.
- Wolves lost all of their first four Premier League matches against Arsenal at the Molineux. But they have won two of their last three league games against the gunners.
- The gunners have not lost back to back away league games against Wolves since February 1975.
- Wolves are five games unbeaten in the Premier League.
- While Arsenal are winless in their last two league games.
- If Wolves win against Arsenal, it will be the first time that they’ve won four consecutive matches in the top-flight since January 1972.
Wolves are set to be without Jonny, Willy Boly, Pedro Neto, Yerson Mosquera, and Hwang Hee-chan due to injury. But Romain Saiss looks set to return to the starting lineup after returning from the AFCON. Joao Moutinho, Ruben Neves, and Leander Dendoncker look set to start in the midfield again. But Francisco Trincao looks like a minor doubt ahead of the clash.
For Arsenal Granit Xhaka and Thomas Partey are both set to be available after their suspension is over. While Mohamed Elneny looks to miss the match after playing in the AFCON final. Cedric Soares and Takehiro Tomiyasu are both doubts ahead of the clash. Ben White will likely start as the right-back meaning Rob Holding will start as the centre-half.
Wolves predicted lineup:
Sa; Kilman, Coady, Saiss; Semedo, Neves, Dendoncker, Moutinho, Ait-Nouri; Jimenez, Podence
Arsenal predicted lineup:
Ramsdale; White, Holding, Gabriel, Tierney; Xhaka, Partey; Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli; Lacazette
Follow us on Twitter for regular football updates.