Both the teams have been in decent form in the league in the past few games. Norwich under Dean Smith are on the lookout for a great escape from the drop to the Championship at the end of the season. Norwich City comes into the game after a 1-1 draw against Crystal Palace in the Premier League. Despite the few positive results in the last league games, the club are still in the thick of the relegation battle. The club are currently 18th in the league table, having picked up 17 points from 23 league game so far.
Norwich City Premier League form: L L L W W D
While Manchester City comes into the game after a comfortable 2-0 win over Brentford in the Premier League. The club are currently sitting on top of the Premier League tree, having picked up 60 points from 24 league games so far.
Manchester City Premier League form: W W W W D W
Dean Smith and Norwich’s faith will be hoping to cause a major upset and pick up important points for the relegation dog fight. While Pep Guardiola will be hoping to scroll past Norwich and keep the gap at the top of the table to nine points.
- The citizens have won eight of the 12 head to head encounters between the two clubs Manchester City and Norwich.
- The league leaders have lost just one of their last eight away matches in the Premier League.
- The Canaries have lost 13 of their last 15 league meetings against reigning champions.
- While the citizens have lost just one of their last 36 league games against any side sitting in the relegation zone.
- Manchester City are currently 11 unbeaten on the road in the league this term.
- While Norwich have picked up two wins and one draw in their last three league games.
Joshua Sargent and Ozan Kabak missed the Crystal Palace clash due to illness and are still doubts ahead of the game. Tim Krul, Jacob Sorensen, Andrew Omobamidele are all ruled out due to injury setbacks. Angus Gunn will start between the sticks yet again. While Billy Gilmour might also be handed a start.
Gabriel Jesus and Cole Palmer are both minor doubts ahead of the clash for Manchester City. Kyle Walker will likely start after being on the bench for the Brentford clash. Fernandinho and Ilkay Gundogan could be handed a start.
Norwich predicted lineup:
Gunn; Aarons, Hanley, Gibson, Williams; Placheta, Gilmour, Lees-Melou, Rashica; Pukki, Idah
Manchester City predicted lineup:
Ederson; Walker, Dias, Laporte, Cancelo; De Bruyne, Rodri, Silva; Mahrez, Foden, Grealish
Follow us on Twitter for regular football updates.