Southampton comes into the clash after a disappointing 3-1 loss at the hands of Wolverhampton Wanderers. Southampton are currently 12th in the Premier League, they have picked up 24 points from 21 league games so far this season.
Southampton Premier League form: LDWDWL
While Manchester City are currently on a 13 winning streak in the Premier League. Last time around Manchester City breast Chelsea in a narrow 1-0 win. Pep Guardiola’s side are currently 11 points ahead of Liverpool who sit second in the league table.
Manchester City Premier League form: WWWWWW
The Saints will be looking to squeeze a narrow positive result out of the clash. While the league leaders will be hoping to get another positive result to keep their excellent run of form going on and also extend their lead at the top of the table.
- The Saints drew the reverse fixture 0-0 earlier in the season.
- Manchester City have a good record against Southampton. They have won 38 out of 96 matches played between the two teams. While Southampton have won 32.
- The citizens have won eight of the previous ten league meetings against the Saints.
- Southampton have won their last two home games against the side that sit top of the league table.
- City are currently on a 12 match winning streak in the Premier League.
- While Southampton are unbeaten in their last seven league home games.
Manchester City will be without Riyad Mahrez who is involved in the AFCON. While the likes of Oleksandr Zinchenko and Cole Palmer missed the training in recent days and look set to miss the clash.
Centre-back Nathan Ake missed the Chelsea clash, but has returned to training and should be available for the Southampton clash. Ruben Dias should also be back in the heart of defense after missing the Chelsea clash. Gabriel Jesus will also be hoping to get a start after featuring on the bench in the past few games.
Valentino Livramento and William Smallbone are both ruled out of the clash for Southampton due to injury. While long-term absentee Alex McCarthy is still a major doubt ahead of the clash. Moussa Djenepo is involved in the AFCON and remains unavailable.
Southampton predicted lineup:
Forster; Bednarek, Lyanco, Salisu; Walker-Peters, Diallo, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Perraud; Adams, Broja
Manchester City predicted lineup:
Ederson; Walker, Dias, Laporte, Cancelo; De Bruyne, Rodri, B. Silva; Jesus, Foden, Sterling
Follow us on Twitter for regular football updates.