With the Gameweek 26 of the Premier League season set to kick-off, Southampton host Everton at the Saint Mary’s Stadium on Saturday.
Southampton come into the class after a 1-1 draw against Manchester United in Gameweek 25. Ralph Hasenhüttl’s side have picked up three successive positive results against clubs from the ‘top 6’. The club are currently 10th in the league table. They have picked up 29 points from 24 league games so far this term.
Southampton Premier League Form: D W L D W D
While Everton come into the game after a brilliant 3-0 win over Leeds United. This ended the streak of four successive league defeats. Frank Lampard‘s side are currently 16th in the league table. They have picked up 22 points from 22 league games so far this term.
Everton Premier League Form: D L L L L W
Ralph Hasenhüttl will be hoping to keep the good run of form in the league going. While Everton will be hoping to pick up another three points to stay out of the relegation dog fight.
- Southampton have lost their last two league games against Everton.
- The toffees beat the saints 3-1 in the reverse league fixture earlier this season.
- If Everton manage to beat Southampton, this will be the first league double in this fixture since the 2001-02 campaign.
- The saints have lost just one league game at home this term.
- The saints are also unbeaten in their last eight home games going into the clash.
- While Everton are on the lookout for consecutive wins in the league for the first time since September.
- While Southampton have not kept a clean sheet in their last 13 league games.
Southampton will be without Lyanco, Alex McCarthy, and Nathan Tella for the clash. While Nathan Redmond is back in training. Jan Bednarek and Mohamed Elyounoussi are both available after picking up minor knocks against Manchester United last week.
Demarai Gray and Abdoulaye Doucoure are both ruled out of the clash. But the duo could be back fit to face Manchester City next week. Ben Godfrey, Fabian Delph, Yerry Mina, and Tom Davies are all ruled out of the clash. While Donny van de Beek will likely retain his spot in the starting lineup alongside Allan.
Southampton predicted lineup:
Forster; Walker-Peters, Bednarek, Salisu, Perraud; Ward-Prowse, Romeu; Armstrong, Elyounoussi; Broja, Adams
Everton predicted lineup:
Pickford; Coleman, Holgate, Keane, Mykolenko; Iwobi, Allan, Van de Beek, Gordon; Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison
Follow us on Twitter for regular football updates.